If a water line burst in your bathroom and you were not home when it happened, you likely have a lot of damage in your home. When this happens, water quickly flows out of the line and can get in any room near the bathroom, such as a closet, hallway, or bedroom. You need to call your insurance company immediately, but you should also contact a public adjuster. A public adjuster can help if there is any structural damage to a home or a business. To help you decide if you would like to hire this professional, below are three ways they can help you.

Deal with Insurance Company

You must deal with the insurance company, which includes making phone calls, filling out forms, meeting with the agents, and more. All of this can take up a lot of your time when you should be dealing with the damage to your home.

You may also fill out paperwork wrong and not go by the requirements of filling out and filing the property loss paperwork, which could affect your insurance claim. Depending on your insurance company, they will likely ask you for a lot of information about what happened. The public adjuster will write up a detailed report for the insurance company telling them everything they want to know from you so you don't have to take the time to do this yourself.

Fast Claim Resolution

Because the public adjuster helps you fill out all paperwork and understand the entire claim's process, your claim will go through much quicker. This is because the insurance company has everything they need from the adjuster. The only thing they have left is to send an insurance agent to your home to assess the damage, write up a report, and write you a check. This will allow you to get your home back in order much quicker so you and your family will be comfortable again.

Get you the Most Money

If you handle everything on your own, you will likely accept the check the insurance offers you. But the public adjuster will go over the insurance company's findings in detail. This will help them determine if the amount of money the insurance company is offering you is fair.

If the public adjuster finds the amount is not reasonable, they will work with the insurance company to get more money for you. In many cases, they will have no problem doing this. You would not be able to do this on your own, however, as you are not a professional and the insurance company might not want to take time to deal with you. 

Talk with a public adjuster in your area to learn much more about what they can do for you.